With Mother’s Day just around the corner — it’s Sunday in case you’re counting, and you should be — you’re gonna want to find the perfect spot to take mom for a nice dinner out.
The National Restaurant Association says 62 percent of us are planning to give mom the day off from cooking. The survey from the association says 34 percent of the moms asked would chose steak, seafood or barbecue for dinner; 24 percent said the would like American cuisine; 21 percent chose “ethnic” cuisine (including Italian, Mexican and Asian); 19 percent want the choice a buffet offers, and the remaining 2 percent of moms want “other” dining options.
A few suggestions, deals and specials for Mother’s Day meals
(Most deals require you dine in the restaurant, and not all chain restaurants participate in the specials. Check with the restaurant beforehand.)
- Baskin-Robbins – The ice cream store is offering Mother’s Day themed cakes both in-store and online.
- Beef ‘O’ Brady’s – Mom gets a free meal valued at $10 when someone else purchases a meal of equal value. The special applies to dine-in meals only.
- Blue Moon Mexican Cafe – Mom will receive a flower at Blue Moon’s Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet. Cost is $18.95 per adult, $9.95 per child. Buffet hours are from 11 am – 3 pm.
- Bonefish Grill – The restaurant is offering a Mother’s Day Brunch that includes Bang Bang Shrimp, Eggs Benedict, surf and turf, an American Kobe beef and egg burger and more. The restaurant opens at 10 a.m.
- Brann’s Steakhouse & Sports Grille – The restaurant is offering steak and lobster for $21.99. The deal includes choice of two sides and Brann’s yeast rolls.
- Brick House Tavern and Tap – Mothers get a free brunch meal between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. if they have reservations.
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill – The eatery’s Mother’s Day menu includes Champagne Linguine with lobster, lobster ravioli, and shrimp and scallops.
- Chuck E. Cheese’s — You can get a thin and crispy individual pizza for mom with a $29.99 purchase of a large pizza, four drinks and 30 tokens. Use this has acoupon.
- Carvel – Mom may like a sweet treat on her special day. Carvel is offering a selection of Mother’s Day ice cream cakes.
- Claim Jumper – The restaurant has a Mother’s Day brunch buffet with 20 signature items from 9 a.m.- 2 p.m. for $24.99. For an additional $2.99, you can get unlimited champagne, coffee or juice.
- Country Buffet – Look for butterfly shrimp, sirloin steak and honey-glazed ham among the offerings on the special Mother’s Day menu.
- Church’s Chicken – Buy a family meal at Church’s and get a free 20-piece box of Oreo Biscuit Bites. The deal begins Friday and runs through Sunday.
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse – Mother’s Day brunch will include prime rib, blue crab omelet and porcini-crusted filet Mignon among other delights. Brunch begins at 10 a.m. and goes to 3 p.m. Adults $39.95. Children $18.95.
- HomeTown Buffet – Look for butterfly shrimp, sirloin steak and honey-glazed ham among the offerings on the special Mother’s Day menu.
- Hooters – Mom gets a free meal worth $10.99 or less with the purchase of a beverage at participating locations.
- Krispy Kreme – Mom may love a bouquet of Krispy Kreme Springtime Flower Doughnuts. The colorful treats are available now through Mother’s Day.
- Lone Star Steakhouse – The restaurant offers a Mother’s Day menu today through Sunday that features a Mexican shrimp cocktail, bacon wrapped filet with shrimp and strawberry shortcake.
- Luby’s – You can get a ribeye steak, blackened chicken and Mediterranean salmon on the Mother’s Day menu at Luby’s.
- McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood & Steaks – Moms get a complimentary chocolate covered strawberry at McCormick & Schmick’s on Mother’s Day. Restaurants will have a brunch/buffet with traditional brunch offerings.
- Morton’s The Steakhouse – The Mother’s Day special is a steak and lobster dinner for $55. Reservations suggested.
- Old Country Buffet – Look for butterfly shrimp, sirloin steak and honey-glazed ham among the offerings on the special Mother’s Day menu.
- Orange Leaf – Moms can get up to 8 oz. of free Froyo.
- Outback Steakhouse – Mum’s Day 3-course meal lets mom choose either a 9 oz. Outback sirloin with choice of shrimp, or a 12 oz. prime rib for $19.99. If she’d rather, she can have a 6 oz. Victoria’s filet Mignon or New Zealand lamb for $1 more. Available today through Sunday.
- Pappasito’s Cantina – A Mother’s Day Feast for two includes lobster tail, brochette-style shrimp, beef and chicken fajitas. Cost is $46.95. Add four chocolate-dipped strawberries for dessert for an additional $4.95. The special starts Friday and runs through Sunday.
- Roy’s – Mom can enjoy a two-course Mother’s Day brunch featuring Lobster Vol-au-Vent for $35.95. You will receive a $20 dining card for your next visit. Offer not available at Hawaii or Pebble Beach locations.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House — Brunch will be served at 11 a.m. Sunday, and will include barbecued shrimp and grits, crab cake Benedict, eggs Florentine and steak and eggs. Reservations recommended.
- Shoney’s — Shoney’s has a Mother’s Day buffet, and Mom will get a free slice of strawberry pie.
- TCBY — Mom gets a free 6 oz. frozen yogurt at participating stores only.
- Texas Steakhouse & Saloon – Mom gets a voucher for a free meal on her next visit.
- Tijuana Flats — Moms eat free on Sunday with this coupon.
- TGI Friday’s — Mom can get half-priced bottles of wine along with $10 in Bonus Bites when you buy $50 in Friday’s gift cards.
Sources: Facebook; Restaurantnews.com; National Restaurant Association; restaurant websites