Cowboy Chicken is celebrating its first Birmingham restaurant with a five-day grand opening event.
The Dallas-based wood-fired rotisserie chicken franchise opened its first restaurant in Alabama on Dec. 10 at 830 Inverness Corners.
Cowboy Chicken first announced plans to move into Alabama in 2014, with plans to open in Birmingham, Huntsville and Tuscaloosa.
Birmingham restaurateur Dia Zuaiter is the franchise owner and has plans to open an additional five locations in Alabama
The grand opening events include:
- Monday, May 2: free kids’ meal with purchase of adult entree.
- Tuesday, May 3: 15 percent of all proceeds go to the Exceptional Foundation of Birmingham.
- Wednesday, May 4: Students and teachers with ID get a free additional side with purchase of an adult meal.
- Thursday, May 5: anyone dressed like a cowboy gets a meal at half price.
- Friday, May 6: All members of law enforcement, fire fighters, nurses, doctors, military members and veterans with ID will get free cobbler.
There will also be a drawing for free chicken for a year.
Cowboy Chicken cooks poultry over a wood-burning fire, sells platters and family-style portions, enchiladas, sandwiches, tacos, salads, western sides, desserts and more.
“We are excited to introduce ourselves and our signature wood fired chicken to families and new friends in Birmingham,” Zuaiter said in a statement. “The week of grand opening events allows us to celebrate that by giving back to the community and inviting everyone to come try Cowboy Chicken.”